Held 8 March 2018 at 8pm in the Village Hall.
59 Public Forum.
Mrs Jill Palmer came along to explain about an opportunity that has arisen for John Whippy (a local resident). He has been selected to take part in the Essex Girls and Boys Club American Challenge. There are only 6 places available on The America Challenge. The America Challenge is an epic and life-changing trip in September 2018. Over three weeks, they hike through the Great Smokey Mountains following a legendary trail, staying in trail shelters and meeting other hikers.
Next, working with the Rocky Top Trail Crew they conserve the trail, crushing rocks and building trail steps. Finally, they share their experiences with young people from The Boys and Girls Clubs of America. Along the way they take in some slices of America life in Tennessee, discovering the American attitude to one of their greatest wildernesses.
However, He must raise the required contribution of £1,000pp and gather everything he will need for the trip. Please note that the full cost of the trip is heavily subsidised by EBGC, as part of their investment in young people. It was unanimously agreed by the Council that we would donate £250 as John will be going in a supervisory role. We have asked that when he is back, perhaps he will do a presentation for the Ambo.
60 Apologies for absence.
Mr Gordon Deuce.
Mr Simon Walsh.
61 Declaration of Interest from Members.
George Smith declared an interest, The Cricket Club.
Jane Lawrence declared an interest, The Village Hall.
62 To approve Minutes from the last meeting held on 18/01/18.
The minutes were agreed but not signed as need to be re-printed as RC and KA were missed off.
63 Matters Arising:
63.1 Pick it or Flick it and Bio-degradable Dog Poo Bags.
These can be purchased from the pet shop in Haverhill. They are £3.99 for 8 rolls of 15, are extra-large and completely bio-degradable. WP has asked the Headmaster at the School to see if the children can design some posters to go around the village. We will contact the Dog Warden and see if there is anything she can do especially around the cricket field as this is particularly bad.
63.2 Footpath Booklet.
Booklets are now at the printers. There should be about 130 printed.
63.3 Tindon End sign.
Highways have been contacted to get the No through road sign replaced at Tindon end.
63.4 Code of Conduct.
ECC have been contacted confirming that the council have unanimously agreed to adopt the new code of conduct and it has been posted on the village website.
63.5 Essex Air Ambulance textile bin.
The Landlady at the Pub asked for more information. WP to ask Rev Sue Johnston if she would have it at the Baptist Church. This is still ongoing.
63.6 Don’t Drive on the grass signs.
These have arrived and now need to be put in place.
63.7 Extending 30MPH speed limit.
63.8 Litter Pick 10th March 2018.
Mike and Sue Lindsell have again agreed to this date and the Landlady at the Pub has kindly agreed to do the refreshments again. The Parish Council will purchase some additional litter pickers.
64 Correspondence: None
65 Reports from County and District Councillors.
Simon Howell turned up to the meeting and gave a brief report. He apologises for the bins not being emptied but this was due to the bad weather and hopes that it will all get sorted in the next week or two. The Stansted expansion planning has come in and he is hoping that the decision will be a local decision and not have to go to the Secretary of the State. The Thaxted surgery planning has also come through and will be considered by a full committee. He is hoping that it will be approved as so many Sampford residents use it.
Report from District Councillor Simon Walsh >
66 Reports from Parish Councillors on their proposed area of responsibility.
66.1 Play Area.
We are in the process of getting more quotes for updating the play equipment.
66.2 Grass Cutting and Trees.
All agreed that we are happy for Chris Parker to carry on with the grass cutting and GK is happy to liaise with him.
Advert has gone out in the Ambo.
66.4 Website and IT, Including Broadband.
RC will look into up-dating the website and the possibility that a new one is designed.
66.5 Liaison with Village Organisations.
The PTA had a successful quiz night. The Village Hall Quiz, Team Spirit is on Saturday 10th March.
66.6 Village Hall.
Jill Palmer came along to sort a few details out. It was agreed that the Village Hall Bank account should stay as it is. KA and JL have agreed to be signatures on the cheques.
Nothing to report
66.8 Highways and Footpaths.
It would seem that Sparepenny Lane North is NOT the responsibility of Essex Highways as it is a PROW (public right of way) byway and motorised vehicles are NOT allowed though it. Sparepenny Lane South however is a BOAT (byway open to all traffic). WP to get confirmation from ECC.
66.9 Planning Applications.
Stansted Expansion. All information has been given to GD so that he may translate and condense it so that we can all understand the details. There is no meeting before the deadline of 08/04/18 so all correspondence and decisions will be made via email.
Current Account £15384.88 (as of 28/02/18)
Ratification for following cheques previously signed:
68 Further items for discussion.
68.1 There is an ongoing problem with the defibrillator case. It was not fitted correctly. This is allowing moisture to get in and the screws are corroding. RC will organise getting it refitted.
68.2 GK attended a transport meeting and will produce his report for the next meeting.
Date of next Meeting Thursday 12th April @ 8pm in the Village Hall
William thanked everyone for coming
Meeting Closed at 21:22
Download these minutes