Held 27th September 2018 at 8pm in the Village Hall.
91 Public Forum.
91 Apologies for absence.
Mrs Rhian Chappell an Mr George Smith.
93 Declaration of Interest from Members.
Jane Lawrence declared an interest, The Village Hall.
94 To approve Minutes from the last meeting held on 28/06/18.
The minutes were agreed and signed as correct.
95 Matters Arising:
95.1 Footpath Booklet.
Before moving forward on this, Mr Coxall would like to go through what we have as some of the paths on his land have changed. It was felt that ALL the paths need re-walking as it has been a few years since the original walks.
95.2 John Whippy.
John wished to express his gratitude to the Council for the donation of £250.
95.3 Church Clock service.
The church clock was purchased with public subscription and therefore is a community asset. WP to find out how to add it to the assets and it was agreed that due to this, the Parish council will fund the yearly service.
95.4 Gifford’s footpath.
GK has spoken to the farmers and the path has now been cut all the way along. Mr Gray will continue to cut the extra few yards that were being left.
95.5 Metal surround for pear tree in play area.
It was agreed by all that the metal surround can be out around the tree.
Letter from Mr Root requesting “20 is plenty” signs along the main street past the school to attempt to slow drivers down. WP to look into size and price of the signs and then the PC will decide if and where they could go.
97 Reports from County and District Councillors.
98 Reports from Parish Councillors on their proposed area of responsibility.
98.1 Play Area.
Chris Butcher will continue to cut back the hedge leading up to the play area and he will also remove the dead elm tree along this path. The PC would like to extend its thanks to the Weeks Family (Dawneys) for cutting and maintaining the path from the cricket pitch to the horse field.
98.2 Grass Cutting and Trees.
Chris Butcher to trim back the hedge at the Tindon End Entrance.
The hedges at the top of Sparepenny Lane south have not been cut this year. GD will find out who’s responsibility this is and then WP will contact them.
The latest report has been published in the Ambo.
98.4 Website and IT, Including Broadband.
No Updates as yet.
98.5 Liaison with Village Organisations / Sport.
Youth club continues to thrive with an average of 50 attendees. They have recently organised a go karting trip to Red Lodge which was a success and have an upcoming Night walk with Essex Boys and Girls Club. Libby Gordon (The Happy Kitchen) has been asked to come back and do some more cookery sessions.
The WI recently had a successful coffee morning, raising £1000 for Together in Sound which is an organisation that has been running for about a year.
98.6 Village Hall.
The Village hall Bookings are still on the rise and the Hall is currently financially secure.
No new updates.
98.8 Highways and Footpaths.
The Water leak on the high street came back but was repaired quickly. The ongoing debate regarding Sparepenny Lane North still continues. It was re-surfaced by Highways in 1971. In recent years a resident reported that the verges were being churned up by lorry’s and was informed by an ECC Surveyor that it is ECC responsibility to get it repaired. Residents have since been told that it is their responsibility as it is a PROW (Public Right Of Way) path not BOAT (Byway Open to All Traffic). WB will email Cnl Simon Walsh again to ascertain whose responsibility it actually is.
98.9 Planning Applications.
UTT/18/1735/LB Dormer Windows in The Cottage S/Penny Lane No Objections
UTT/18/1789/HHF Dormer Windows in The Cottage S/Penny Lane No Objections
UTT/18/2560/HHF Extension to Old Barn House, Howe Lane No Objections
UTT/18/2561/LB Extension to Old Barn House, Howe Lane No Objections
99 Emergency Plan.
The Emergency plan has been compiled and handed to all Councillors. Thank you to Cnl Rhian Chappell for completing this, it looks very professional and the PC knows it was not an easy job to do.
101 Further items for discussion.
WP to find how much the PC donate to Essex Air Ambulance and raise a cheque.
Date of next Meeting Thursday 25th October 2018 @ 8pm in the Village Hall.
William thanked everyone for coming
Meeting Closed at 20:57
Download these Minutes
Download archive PDFs of previous years' Agendas and Minutes...