Held 25th October 2018 @ 8pm in the Village Hall.
102 Public Forum.
103 Apologies for absence.
Mr Graham Keen and Mr George Smith
104 Declaration of Interest from Members.
Jane Lawrence declared an interest, The Village Hall.
105 To approve Minutes from the last meeting held on 27/09/18.
The minutes were agreed and signed as correct.
106 Matters Arising:
106.1 20 Is Plenty Signs.
It was agreed by all to order 4 signs and then the PC will decide the best place to put them.
106.2 Hedges at top of Spare Penny Lane South.
GD has been trying to contact with David Wise from UDC as it is their responsibility to keep the hedges maintained. No reply as yet so SH will contact him.
WB has been in contact with Simon Walsh regarding Spare Penny Lane North and there may be some progress on resurfacing the lane. Cncl Walsh will add it to the next Highways Agenda.
108 Reports from County and District Councillors.
Simon Walsh report >
Report from Cncl Simon Howell:
SH has presented his accounts to the cabinet and they are looking good.
There is now a new licence regime for Homes of multiple occupancy within Uttlesford. There are now stricter rules on sizes of kitchens, bathrooms etc and houses will be inspected. Local Councils have been asked to report any houses that may be of multiple occupancy.
There are new rules on dog breeding. More than 3 litters per year and breeders will have to apply for a licence.
There is now a Local Heritage list of non-listed houses that are historic. I.e., Bull House, the Manse and the Baptist Church. This means that if planning is applied for, the Council will look into more detail. The PC are to recommend any houses in the Parish that they feel should be protected.
And finally, Cncl Howell will not be standing for District Councillor in May 2018. He feels that after 20 years it is time to move on. The Sampfords’ Pc thank him for all his help, support and guidance over the last few years and wish him the best for the future.
109 Reports from Parish Councillors on their proposed area of responsibility.
109.1 Play Area.
There is a screw sticking out on the Zip Wire. GD approached Rev Sue Johnson again regarding the Play area.
109.2 Grass Cutting and Trees.
Chris Butcher has not yet removed the dead elm tree along by the pub so KT will contact him.
The latest report will be published in the Ambo.
109.4 Website and IT, Including Broadband.
RC and WP are attending a review meeting on Monday and if all goes well the website should be live by the next meeting.
109.5 Liaison with Village Organisations / Sport.
There is an open house this Saturday (27/10/18) at the Baptist Hall for anyone to see the conversion.
Youth Club continues to be well attended and they have a few more activities organised. Halloween party next Wednesday, Scuba Diving, a night exercise coming up and they will also be hosting a Table Tennis tournament for Essex Girls and Boys Club. There is also another Karting day coming up.
109.6 Village Hall.
The village Hall continues to run smoothly, and the Village Calendar winning photos have been chosen. Hopefully it will be ready for sale mid-November. It was agreed by all Parish Council will sponsor £50 for the Village Calendar 2019.
No new updates.
109.8 Highways and Footpaths.
No reports on Highways. The Foot path booklet has again been put on hold as no decision has been made on it. The PC ask that anyone that walks the footpaths let them know if and where more signage is needed. The PC will then compile a list to send to ECC.
109.9 Planning Applications.
110 Proposed dates for meetings 2019.
The current account is £24861.84
Ratification for following cheque previously signed:
112 Further items for discussion.
The replacement rescue pack for the defib has arrived. WP to forward the Stansted Airport local Fund Application to the Village Organisations. The Christmas Tree Lighting will be held on the 14th December at the church. The organisers plan to have a tree planted permanently in early 2019.
Date of next Meeting Thursday 17th January 2019 @ 8pm in the Village Hall.
William thanked everyone for coming
Meeting Closed at 21:06
Download these Minutes