Held 18th January 2018 at 8pm in the Village Hall.
48 Public Forum.
Mr C Parker came along to explain his research and ideas on a new scheme to attempt to reduce the amount of dog waste that is being left on our footpaths, Pick It, Flick It. The idea behind this is that if dog walkers are within a 30MPH speed zone, the waste must be picked up and put in dog waste bins provided. If outside the 30MPH zone, i.e.: on public footpaths in fields, then flick the waste off the foot path.
It is becoming increasingly more apparent that some people are bagging the waste and then leaving the bags on the ground or even hanging them in trees. The Parish council will look into purchasing Eco Friendly dog waste bags and try to come up with a way of alleviating this problem. WP to ask The Headmaster if perhaps the children could design a poster.
A member of the public has also requested a sign go up at the Start of footpath 37, Willetsfield, regarding dog waste.
Mr M Boughtwood came along to thank the Christmas Tree Committee for their, once again, successful Christmas tree Lighting. It was also pointed out that the website still needs information updating and some of the roads need repairing. (more details in section 55.8).
The youth club will attempt to restore the skate park. (more details on The Youth Club in section 55.5).
49 Apologies for absence.
50 Declaration of Interest from Members.
George Smith declared an interest, The Cricket Club.
Jane Lawrence declared an interest, The Village Hall.
51 To approve Minutes from the last meeting held on 20/10/2017.
The minutes were agreed and signed as correct.
52 Matters Arising:
52.1 Footpath Booklet.
The footpath booklet is now ready to go to print. Once printed, make available in Church, Pub and Phone Box. Also see if a digital copy can be added to the website.
52.2 Highway Rangers.
The benches have been taken away and re-oiled. They are now back in place.
52.3 The Christmas tree.
The Christmas Tree Committee wanted to extend they’re thanks to the Parish Council for purchasing the Tree. It was a beautiful tree and the event was once again a great success. The monies raised this year will go towards next year’s tree event and they believe they have enough to purchase the tree themselves.
54 Reports from County and District Councillors.
Simon Howell turned up to the meeting and gave a brief report. He is cracking down on fly tipping. His budget is balanced, and he now needs to wait for I to be approved. He stated that around approx. ¼ of the funding has disappeared over the last couple of years. He aims to add more funds for more PCSO’s (Police Community Support Officer) in Uttlesford and to The Planning Department.
Report from District Councillor Simon Walsh >
55 Reports from Parish Councillors on their proposed area of responsibility.
55.1 Play Area.
All repairs have now been completed. It was suggested by a member of the public that more seating for adults be put in the play area as at present there is only one bench, and to see if some sort of shade could be put up. LB, KT, GS and GK will look into this and report back.
55.2 Grass Cutting and Trees.
JL to do the article for the Ambo.
55.4 Website and IT, Including Broadband.
The Emergency Plan section of the website does need updating and RC will look into this. 2018 has been added and the aim is to update the gallery with new photos.
55.5 Liaison with Village Organisations.
The youth club continues to be successful with a steady number of 50 attending. It was down this week to around 30. Essex boys and girls Club are organising 6 Yoga sessions that everyone is welcome to attend, and these will be free. If successful, perhaps this is something that will carry on.
55.6 Village Hall.
The CC has confirmed it will upload the amendment and it will appear in the next few days. Once the amendment appears on the CC website, the entry can be amended to change the main contact (PC clerk) and the trustees will now be ‘SAMPFORDS PARISH COUNCIL’.
The Cricket Club have the annual quiz on Feb 03rd. They have a new free website (through Playcricket) and will send the link so it can be added to the Village website. The indoor league continues to do well.
55.8 Highways and Footpaths.
Sparepenny Lane North continues to be a problem. Letters have been sent to Simon Walsh and as yet, no further information is available. This will continue to be chased. The Parish Council will put in requests that ALL 30MPH speed limits into/out of the village, be extended to attempt to slow down traffic. The School continues to monitor the parking at school drop off and pick times.
There is a water issued on the Junction, Finchingfield road, at the Cornish Hall End turning. This also is being looked into and reported.
55.9 Planning Applications.
Current Account £21051.34
Ratification for following cheques previously signed:
58 Further items for discussion.
Date of next Meeting Thursday 08th March @ 8pm in the Village Hall.
William thanked everyone for coming
Meeting Closed at 21:55
Download these Minutes