Held 17th January 2019 @ 8pm in the Village Hall
SAMPFORDS’ PARISH COUNCIL
MINUTES OF MEETING
Held 17th January 2019 @ 8pm in the Village Hall
Mr William Burton Cncl Simon Howell
Mr George Smith Mrs Kay Adye
Mr Graham Keen Cncl Simon Walshe
Mrs Rhian Chappell
Mr Gordon Deuce
Mrs Jane Lawrence
Mrs Lynne Bowles
Ms Kath Thompson
Miss Wendy Peacock (Clerk)
Members of the Public.
126 Public Forum
127 Apologies for absence
Cncl Simon Howell, Cncl Simon Walshe and Mrs Kay Adye
128 Declaration of Interest from Members
Jane Lawrence The Village Hall.
George Smith declared an interest, the Cricket Club
129 To approve Minutes from the last meeting held on 17/01/19
The minutes were agreed and signed.
Amended minutes from meeting held 07/03/19 were also signed.
130 Matters Arising:
130.1 Dead Elm by Red lion Pub
This has been removed.
131 Re-election of Councillors
All Councillors have agreed to remain except George Smith as he has moved away from the Sampfords’. WP to find out the process of replacing him.
William Burton has agreed to remain as Chair person.
The forms and information packs were given to all Councillors and it is their responsibility to fill them out and hand deliver them back to UDC. WP to drop KA form in to her.
133 Reports from County and District Councillors
134 Reports from Parish Councillors on their proposed area of responsibility
It was unanimously agreed that the VHC should go ahead and order the chairs.
134.1 Play Area
Nothing to report. Hedges have all been cut.
It was agreed by all that the wooden activity gym needs to be replaced. WB, GK and KT will assess as to how we remove it and then a decision will be made as to what to put in its place. WP to ask the School and Youth club what they would like.
GD to ask Rev Sue about the invoice for rent as this hasn’t been paid yet.
134.2 Grass Cutting and Trees
Chris Butcher continues to do a great job so agreed by all that he carry on. GK to ask him to cut back the brambles.
The latest report is in the Ambo.
134.4 Website and IT, Including Broadband
The new website is up and running and looks great. The web address is https://www.thesampfords.co.uk/. It is very user friendly. WB thanked WP and RC for all their work in getting it going. They will try to put up pictures of the litter pick. GS will send the cricket fixtures so that they can go on the calendar. The Facebook page is still proving very popular and well seen.
134.5 Liaison with Village Organisations
The litter pick was well supported by Parish Councillors and a couple of members of the public. Around 20 bags of rubbish were collected. WB thanked all that attended and also WP for supplying the refreshments in the hall afterwards.
134.6 Village Hall
The bookings are good and fundraising is successful. The Team spirit quiz will be held Saturday 09th March and the next Bingo is Saturday 30th March @ 3pm.
The new chairs should be arriving soon and The Village Hall committee will then try to sell the old chairs.
The Cricket fixtures have been finalised and will be published on the Village Website and Facebook page. The indoor league (Oct – Apr) is underway and the semi-final is in two weeks time where the Sampfords’ will be defending the cup. Both indoor and outdoor teams are struggling for players.
134.8 Highways and Footpaths
The stile and bridge behind the Grange still hasn’t been repaired. WP to contact highways again. WP to send a letter to Moor End Windmill Thatch as the hedge is growing over the footpath. There are large potholes in Maynards Lane near Flea Hall. WP to photo and report. Sparepenny lane South is once again having problems with vans going through, following the Sat Navs and getting stuck. A temporary sign could be made up advising that there is thick mud from this point. WB will email SW to see if there is anything else that can be done.
The 60mph sign at Moor End is obscured by a bush.
The sign by the Church has rusted through. WP to contact highways to get it replaced.
UTT/19/0280Ful High Trees No Objections
UTT19/0336/LB Rose Cottage No Objections
Current Account as of 01/04/19 £23184.30
Savings account as of 01/04/19 £25579.34
Ratification for following cheque previously signed:-
Following cheques to be signed: -
100860 C J Butcher £ 3235.00
100861 Clerk Wages £. 717.66
100862 Shop Express (snowdrops) £. 39.96
100863 Heartbeat Trust £. 8.00
100864 Stop Stansted £. 20.00
137 Further items for discussion.
137.1 The Red Lion Public House
RC has applied for the Red Lion to go back on the register as an Assett of the Community but responses take around 8 weeks.
She has since had this reply :- being an asset of community value does not protect the building from any planning applications or applications for change of use. All it does is gives the community organisation (in this case the PC) up to 12 months to raise funds to buy it. After that it can be sold to anyone. As buying the pub was never our intention, being an asset of community value is of no use to us at all. In fact I think it would be detrimental to us. If there was a 12 month delay in selling the pub, it would be harmful to the building that is being neglecting at the moment, and it would be a longer time that the community is deprived of their pub.
The Planning officer has been told that the PC no longer wish to pursue this.
137.2 The De-Fib Cabinet
The cabinet was damp again when RC checked it. She has dried it all out and checked all seals and washers and cannot find anything wrong. She will keep an eye on it.
The De-Fib at Little Sampford has had the bulb replaced (re Cheque 100863).
Date of next Meeting Thursday 18th April 2019 (Annual General Meeting) @ 8pm in the Village Hall
William thanked everyone for coming
Meeting Closed at 21:00