Held 10th May 2018 at 8pm in the Village Hall.
69 Election of Chairman.
William Burton was happy to stay on as Chairman. Proposed by Kath and seconded by George. All were in favour.
70 Election of Vice Chairman.
Kay was again nominated. Proposed by William and seconded by Rhian. All were in favour.
71 Apologies for absence.
Apologies were received via e-mail from Mr Gordon Deuce and Councillor Simon Howell.
72 To Receive Declaration of Acceptance Forms.
Some gave their forms to WP who will keep them on file. The others will be collected and filed.
73 Declarations of Interest Forms.
Some gave their forms to Wendy who will send them to Uttlesford Legal Department. The others will be collected and will also be sent off.
74 To Receive any Declaration of interest regarding items on the Agenda.
George Smith declared an interest, The Cricket Club.
Jane Lawrence declared an interest, The Village Hall.
75 To approve minutes from the last meeting held on 08th March 2018.
The minutes were signed as correct.
76 Matters Arising:
RC has researched a new company to design a new Village website as the current website is not very user friendly. The Vrve in Thaxted can offer the following: ‘Showcase' Website - £995 (no vat).
They can also build in a Content Management System (at a one-off extra charge of £195 (no vat)) to enable us to update content regularly - e.g. to add blogs, update photos, minutes, etc. This is ‘layman’-friendly and requires no technical knowledge to operate - They also supply a ‘how to’ video guide. They recommend that only those parts of the website that are updated regularly are made self-editable to avoid the potential of ‘breaking' the main static pages. Changes to these static pages can be quoted for individually or covered in a monthly maintenance package. It was taken to vote and unanimously decided to go ahead.
76.2 Data Protection.
The Parish Council do not really hold a public personal date do this doesn’t really apply. The Village Hall committee must decide the length of time they need to keep booking forms and shred any after that time.
The Emergency plan will come off the website and be a paper copy only, held by ALL Parish Councillors. RC will compose files of the emergency Plan and distribute accordingly.
76.3 Agree Clerks wages and Expenses.
The Council voted, and all agreed on the clerk’s wage at £8.73 per hour (5 hours per week) and expenses at £600 per annum.
76.4 Footpath Booklet.
This has now been passed back to the Parish Council as Nicola no longer has time to spend on it. The booklet is currently at the printers, but it would seem there is still much work to be done on it. Pictures not high resolution, spelling mistakes, grammatical errors and possible changes to the styles etc. since the paths were originally walked. It was left that the councillors will all look through the booklet and report back on their findings. This will be addressed again at the next meeting.
This has been passed to William.
78 Reports from Parish Councillors on their proposed area of responsibility.
78.1 Planning Applications.
78.2 Grass Cutting, Trees, Highways, Footpaths.
The grass has been cut and is looking nice. The high path could do with a cut but just waiting for the last of the daffodils to die off. (Approx. a week).
Waiting for the next edition of the Ambo. JL is happy to continue with publicity.
78.4 Website and IT, Including Broadband.
The Facebook page has been revived and is proving popular. WP and RC to carry on updating this.
Sampfords’ Cricket Club won their first away game of the season. GS to send fixtures so that they can go on Facebook and the website.
78.6 Liaison with Village Organisations.
Nothing to report.
78.7 Transport, Village Assets.
GK went along to the Transport meeting and has made up some poster with information that he will put up in the bus shelters.
Bingo is still a success and will carry on.
78.9 Village Hall.
78.9.1 The Village Hall sub Committee was appointed and will be:
78.9.2 The village hall AGM will be held 28th June at 7:30 and the Parish Council are required to attend.
14.1 Adoption of the Accounts.
Signed and it was decided that this year the Council will certify themselves as exempt from a limited review.
14.2 Adoption of the Risk Assessment.
All in agreement.
14.3 Signing of Accounts for Audit Commission.
Forms to be signed at the next meeting (28th June 2018).
14.4 Charitable Donations 2018-2019.
It was agreed that there will be no fixed amount this year and the Council will only support charities that have an immediate impact on the Parish.
14.5 Following cheques to be signed:
100839 Waples wines (for internal audit) £62.93
Date of Village Hall AGM Thursday 28th June 2018 @ 7.30pm in the Village Hall.
Date of next Meeting Thursday 28th June 2018 @ 8pm in the Village Hall.
William thanked everyone for coming.
Meeting Closed at 21:05.
Download these Minutes